Private Ceramics Lessons
Learn the art of ceramics from start to finish! This is an 8 step process. You will first learn to prepare your clay, use of tools, trial and errors, and sketching and planning of your pieces. You will learn three methods of clay building. You will create a piece from each method, totaling 3 finished pieces. Ceramics is a great stress reliever and is very therapeutic. It also requires a lot of patience, that it will also teach you. No refunds, but rescheding ok. You may schedule your sessions as close as you would like, can even schedule more than 1 at a time. Fees must be paid in full in advance. Contact me to schedule times.
- Session 1: Clay prep (3 pounds), planning/sketching for all 3 methods (1 hour)
- Session 2: Introduction to Pinch Method (will create a 1 pound piece) (1 hour)
- Session 3: Introduction to Slab Method (will create a 1 pound piece) (1 hour)
- Session 4: Introduction to Wheel Method (will learn to center the clay and create a trivet and cylinder) (1 1/2 hours)
- Drying Break: Once all three pieces are bone dry, I will kiln fire the pieces.
- Session 5: Introduction toGlazing (records kept with sketches from session 1)
- Final Kiln Firing (could take a few weeks depending on total amounts of pieces to be fired)
- Schedule a time to photograph and pick up final pieces